OUR MOTTO: “EMINENCE THROUGH EXCELLENCE”Physiotherapy is a health care profession which adopts various physical approaches /methods in the prevention, treatment and education of individuals. College of physiotherapy is one of the premier physiotherapy institutions and rated top in the state of Andhra Pradesh which was established by Ganni Subba Lakshmi Trust under the auspices of SIMS in the year 1999, situated on the banks of the sacred river, Godavari in the city of Rajahmundry, a citadel of learning and of educational activities and one of the famous centers of Medical Faculty. College is dedicated to excellence in education, research and patient care. Our College is a recognized one duly permitted by the Government of Andhra Pradesh vide their orders issued in G.O.MS. No.212 HM & FW (K2) Dept., dated 19.04.1999 and affiliated to NTR University of Health Sciences (A.P.) Vijayawada vide their office PROC No.7006/Aa/98 Dated 28.04.1999. Our institution is located in the premises of GSL medical college with sophisticated equipment, laboratories, latest audiovisual aided classrooms, Gym and sports facilities. College of physiotherapy was elevated to Post Graduate college in 2003-04 it is established and maintained by GSL trust under the leadership of Dr. Ganni Bhaskara Rao.
This is the only Physiotherapy college in the entire Coastal Belt of Andhra Pradesh directly attached to 250 bedded capacity Multi-specialties Hospital and GSL Cancer Hospital of our own besides having been attached to 1080 bedded G.S.L. general hospital, Rajahmundry where our BPT as well as MPT students can have a unique opportunity of observing, learning and conducting practicals under clinical Tie-ups. In addition to it, our college is proud of having the FACULTY of par excellence on its staff and a full- fledged LAB equipped with the most sophisticated equipment and infrastructural facilities which by and large have helped it to carve a special niche for itself in proving qualitative Medical Education with a vision to make our student to reach peak Excellence in Physiotherapy of Tomorrow.
- Central library with collection of around 2000 books and an Annual subscription of 10 International Journals
- Internet facility
- Orthopedic rehabilitation Unit
- Cardio pulmonary unit
- Neuro Rehabilitation Unit
- Pediatric Rehabilitation Unit
- Department of Electrotherapy & Ex. therapy
- Pre clinical depts. Like Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry & Microbiology
- 1080 bedded general Hospital
- 250 bedded Multi specialty Hospital.
VISION AND MISSION:“ALL THE FLOWERS OF TOMORROW ARE THE SEEDS OF TODAY”
- To help students become independent with spirit and zeal in developing their personality and in achieving their highest academic and social aspirations.
- To provide comprehensive coaching and training to the students of physiotherapy Medical science at Graduate level through its various disciplines.
- To make the college rest upon a firm educational tripod of teaching, observation and Extension services by creating while some interaction between the faculty and the taught in the campus.
- To organize Guest Lectures on various disciplines related to Physiotherapy by inviting professors of high reputation and to organize seminars on the users of Physiotherapy.
- To train students in such a way that they can conduct research in the field of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- Finally, to make each student best professional personality of his / her own with self-reliance and professional discipline.