GSL College of Physiotherapy, one of the premier physiotherapy college in the state duly recognized by Govt. of Andhra Pradesh is affiliated to Dr.NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada. GSL College of physiotherapy is located in salubrious environment abutting National Highway-16. It is 12 km from the historical city, Rajamahendravaram - the Vedic, Cultural & Literary capital of Andhra Pradesh. Rajamahendravaram domestic airport is about 10 km from the college. Being one of the sister institutions of mighty GSL Medical College & Hospital which was built on a sprawling 85 acres picturesque locale. The departments, class rooms, library and laboratories are housed in airy, bright and well ventilated buildings. The interspersing lush green lawns and beautiful gardens provide pleasant, fragrant heavenly atmosphere. The clean, healthy, serene and tranquil surroundings provide ideal foil for excellent academic activity for budding physios. The college is equipped with state of art medical equipments, audiovisual aids and library. Regular CMEs, workshops, seminars and guest lectures by eminent professors drawn from all over the globe form vibrant learning activities are held all through the year. The college is attached to GSL General Hospital which is a thousand bedded tertiary care multi-specialty hospital which can provide a wonderful opportunity to all the students to have a hands on experience and for being a great team member in the health care team. GSLGH is on the verge of creating strategic alliances with reputed universities and health care centers of in this country and abroad to improve its patient care delivery and education objectives.
COLLEGE OF PHYSIOTHERAPY: OVERVIEW
Sri.G.S.Ramakrishna: A first class science graduate from Andhra University. Since 1976 he has been into business and established himself as one of the pioneers in his field in Godavari Districts. He is a dynamic, innovative and hard working businessman with a pleasing manners and excellent communication skills. He is a cool and calculative businessman with scruples and morals. He has excellent managerial skills.
Dr.V.Sarath Kumar:The first urologist in Godavari Districts. With excellent entrepreneurial skills he established the first urology nursing home and Kidney foundation in Godavari Districts. He was very successful in educating the masses about urology. He has excellent knowledge about in the medical colleges and is instrumental in building highly appreciative monumental structures for GSL Medical College & General Hospital. He has excellent contacts and is well known for efficient running of the institution.
Dr.Kesava Swamy: The first doctor in the coastal districts to have obtained both Allopathic & Ayurvedic Medical degrees. He is a highly successful medical professional with exceptional managerial skills. He is known for his warmth and hospitality. A very popular medical professional with excellent contacts in all sections of the society. He is an ever smiling pleasant personality with an optimistic frame of mind.
It is with much pleasure that I welcome you to Colege of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation, Prestigious Institution in the state and one among the first Physiotherapy Colleges established in the State. College of Physiotherapy has been providing quality education from Bachelors to Masters Level, making strenuous efforts for the personality build up its students. This college is one of the most prestigious and historical institute, supporting excellence in the area of Physiotherapy. The main objective of this institution is to develop a passion for learning, provide the best education to the students so that the can meet future challenges successfully, keep them fully conscious of the responsibilities. is one of the finest institutions committed to the ideal of education for life. The collage is providing an environment that is highly grooming our young generation and there approach towards future goals. I fully appreciate my team, my faculty for their devotion and commitment and they will continue with the same zeal and fervor. We look forward to welcome you at any of our faculties, ensuring that your stay here will be both enjoyable and rewarding. I wish this institution a great success and prosperity.
- Dr.Patchava Apparao
- Place of Birth: Narasaraopet, Guntur (Dt), Andhra Pradesh
- Date of Birth: 5 Feb 1979
- Master of Physiotherapy (Orthopedics), (Ph.D) Executive MBA (Hospital Admin.)
- Life member of Indian Association of Physiotherapy – Reg. No: L-14747
- A Fellow of the Academy of General Education (F.A.G.E)
- Experience: Designation as a Principal since 10 years
- Member, Board of Studies of Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada
- Nominated as General Secretary, Andhra Pradesh Physical Therapists Association(APPTA)
- Received Significant Contribution award by Indian Association of Physiotherapists in 53rd IAP Conference held at Shimla
Panel Member for Question Paper Setter/Examiner/Evaluator for physiotherapy courses for various universities of India:
- Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R.Medical University, Tamil Nadu, India
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka
- Dr.NTR University of Health Sciences, Andhra Pradesh
- SVIMS University, Tirupathi
- Comparison of Trunk Muscle Stabilization Exercise with General Exercise for non Specific Recurrent Low back Pain.
- Efficacy of Isotonic Strength Training and Balance Exercises on Lower limb Muscles in subjects with Stroke.
- Effects of Massage Vs Active Exercise on Experimentally Induced Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness
- Effectiveness of functional task exercises versus agility and perturbation training in osteoarthritis knee subjects
- I SOLEMNLY PLEDGE myself to consecrate my life to the service of humanity
- I WILL GIVE to my teachers the respect and gratitude which is their due
- I WILL PRACTISE my profession with conscience and dignity
- The Health of my patient will be my first consideration
- I Will Respect the secrets which are confided in me
- I Will Maintain by all the means in my power, the honor and the noble traditions of the medical profession
- My Colleagues will be my brothers
- I Will not Permit considerations of religion, nationality, race, party politics or social standing to intervene between my duty and my patient
- I Will Maintain the utmost respect for human life, from the time of conception; even under threat, I will not use my medical knowledge
- Contrary to the laws of humanity
- I Make these promises solemnly, freely and upon my honour
- An institution par excellence
- Richly experienced and Dedicated Teaching Staff
- Fully equipped laboratories
- Hands on clinical experience
- A great place to learn
- Vibrant atmosphere all through the year
- Good clinical material
- Excellent Teachers
- Fully equipped departments
- Availability of research facilities
- Good library
Year of examination
Overall / Subject distinctions
University First in II MBBS April 2006 – Mr.Gampa Sandeep
University First in I MBBS September 2006 in Anatomy – Ms.V.Srilakshmi